Are you tired of power outages that leave you in the dark, with no electricity and all your appliances shut down? Have you considered getting a standby generator for your home or business in Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Montgomery, Fulton, Schoharie, or Warren Counties? Standby generators are becoming increasingly popular due to their ability to provide reliable backup power during blackouts. In this blog post, we will explore what standby generators are, their advantages, how to choose the right one for your needs and why they’re essential for every household or business owner.
What Are Standby Generators?
Standby generators, also known as house or residential generators, are backup power sources that automatically turn on when the main power goes out. These generators can provide electricity to your home within seconds of a power outage and offer numerous advantages over other types of generators. Unlike portable generators that require manual setup and fueling, standby generators are permanently installed outside your home and operate on either propane gas or natural gas. This means you don’t have to worry about refueling during extended outages.
Another advantage of standby generators is their ability to provide continuous power without interruption for days or even weeks if necessary. Standby generators also come equipped with advanced features such as automatic transfer switches which ensure seamless switching between utility and generator power. When choosing a standby generator, it’s important to consider factors such as the size of your home, the number of appliances you want powered in an emergency, and the type of fuel source available in your area.
Advantages of Standby Generators
Standby generators are a great addition to any household as they offer numerous benefits:
- An uninterrupted power supply during outages. This can be crucial in emergency situations. Standby generators automatically turn on when there’s an outage and switch off once the power is restored.
- Operate on propane or natural gas. This is unlike portable generators, which require gasoline. This makes them more efficient and cost-effective in the long run as fuel storage isn’t necessary.
- Quieter than their portable counterparts. This makes them less disruptive for households and neighbors. They also come with safety features such as automatic shutdown if they detect low oil pressure or overheating.
- Increases your home’s resale value. A standby generator is considered a desirable feature for potential buyers. Having a standby generator offers peace of mind knowing you have backup power during unexpected outages while remaining environmentally friendly and cost-efficient in the long term.
How to Choose a Standby Generator
Choosing a standby generator can be overwhelming, considering the various options available on the market. However, with a clear understanding of your needs and budget, you can easily make an informed decision.
- Determine the power requirements of your home during an outage. Consider all essential appliances that need to be powered such as refrigerators or medical equipment. This will help you choose a generator that meets your energy demands.
- Consider the fuel type: natural gas or propane. Natural gas is more convenient but requires access to pipelines while propane may require frequent refueling but has a longer shelf life.
- Assess noise levels, especially if you live in close proximity to neighbors. You want a generator that operates quietly without disturbing anyone’s peace.
Consider and evaluate the above factors carefully before purchasing a standby generator for your household use to ensure that it provides reliable backup power when needed most.
Need a Standby Generator? Get in Touch with Long Energy!
To sum it up, a standby generator is essential for every household. It provides a reliable source of power during unexpected outages, ensuring that your daily routine continues without any disruption. With the rising frequency of natural disasters and power outages, investing in a standby generator is no longer just an option but a necessity.
When choosing a standby generator, consider the size of your home or business and its energy requirements. We highly recommend that you consult with the standby generator experts at Long Energy to ensure that you select the appropriate size and model for your specific needs. Don’t wait until disaster strikes before considering purchasing a standby generator; be proactive and invest in one today! Contact us at Long Energy for more information on installation options and product recommendations tailored to meet your unique needs.